The research areas of this scholarship are: Not provided
Who can apply to this scholarship? To be eligible for the Program applicants should meet the following criteria:
· interested candidates should have research experience corresponding to a level typical of a researcher about 2 years prior to receiving a PhD or equivalent degree. Candidates already holding a PhD degree (by January 13, 2014) are asked to consider applying to IIASA’spostdoc program;
· a summer research proposal that clearly fits the research agenda of a selected IIASA
· ability to work independently as well as to interact with other scientists;
· fluency in English and the ability to communicate in a scientific environment; and
· willingness to actively participate in a broad range of interdisciplinary scientific activities at IIASA.
Benefits of the scholarship: Most of IIASA’s National Member Organizations (NMO) provide special grants to enable young scientists (either their own nationals or foreign students studying in their country) to participate in the YSSP. IIASA does not charge a tuition fee. -Travel expenses from and to the home institution are usually covered by the NMOs in addition to the local costs covered by the grant. Based on our experience students usually require a total sum of around €5,000 – €5,500 on average to cover all the living and travel expenses related to their YSSP participation. -YSSP participants must have valid medical insurance for their stay in Austria and should bring their insurance cards or certificates with them.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Scholarships are offered for 3 months.
Number of scholarships: Each year the YSSP Committee selects about 50-55 students.