The research areas of this scholarship are: Not provided
Who can apply to this scholarship? The scholarship program is open to highly motivated and talented Citizens of Pakistan with the commitment and zeal to take leadership to improve the quality of learning in Pakistani classrooms through better prepared teachers. Preference will be given to:
· Faculty members from the Faculties of Education of public sector and/or USAID partner private universities all across Pakistan.
· Educators and education managers working in federal, provincial and regional teacher training institutions (PITE, BOC, RITE, GCET, GCE) as permanent employees.
· Recent Bachelor’s degree graduates (2013, 2014) of the Faculties of Education who have received written commitment from any public sector university that they will be employed on a full
· time basis upon return from the United States. The written letter is required to be produced before the award of the scholarship.
· Faculty members from other departments/faculties of the universities who are linked with the two year Associate Degree in Education and/or four
· year Bachelor of Education degree program.
· Alumni of the Teach for Pakistan Program who have received written commitment from public sector universities that they will be employed on a full
· time basis upon return from the United States.
· All candidates must have a minimum of sixteen (16) years of formal education and have completed a Bachelor degree from a HEC recognized university with at least second division. Be able to serve for at least five years in the local institution after the study.
· This is a national scholarship program, however, women, people with disabilities, and individuals from FATA, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan, Northern Sindh and Southern Punjab are highly encouraged to apply.
Benefits of the scholarship: The fully funded scholarship program will provide various benefits including full tuition fees of the program for study in the United States; round-trip ticket; accommodation allowances; orientation programs; intensive English language program; health insurance; GRE/TOEFL preparation support to selected candidates; and GRE/TOEFL fees.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: The scholarship is offered for the minimum period necessary for individuals to complete the academic program specified by the host institution, including any preparatory training.
Number of scholarships: Not Known