The research areas of this scholarship are: The scholarship is provided to learn any of the courses offered by the University of Pretoria in South Africa.
Who can apply to this scholarship?
· The UP Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship will be awarded to applicants who are citizens of Commonwealth countries.
· Applicants must conduct their studies at the University of Pretoria.
· Applicants must have completed the degree that will give them admission to a doctoral programme a maximum of three years prior to their application for the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship.
· Applicants must not be older than 35 years of age at time of application.
· Masters students currently registered at the University of Pretoria are not eligible for the Doctoral Scholarship.
Benefits of the scholarship: The value of this Doctoral Scholarship will be R120 000 in 2014. This amount must be used to cover the following student costs: -Accommodation and living costs -Medical Aid – Books/StationeryNote: Fees will be covered by the award of a UP Postgraduate Scholarship Research costs will be covered by the Supervisor Additional costs covered by the University: Return flight ticket from home country Shuttle service on arrival in South Africa from OR Tambo International Airport to Pretoria and return from Pretoria to OR Tambo on completion. Application fee and Visa costs which will be refunded on proof of receipts on arrival.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: The scholarship will be for a maximum period of support of three academic years. Doctoral students who are not able to complete within the maximum three academic year period due to unforeseeable reasons must provide a written motivation supported by their supervisor as to why an extension is necessary. The extension request will be considered by the University’s Institutional Selection Committee. The motivation must also indicate the following: -The number of additional months that will be required (may not exceed 12 months) -The research costs required for the extension period. -The amount of financial support the Supervisor can provide towards the extension period.
Number of scholarships: Not provided