The University of Manchester is invited applications for up to 6 scholarships for postgraduate study of Public Health, through an online distance learning course which starts in September 2014. Citizen of Uganda or Tanzania are eligible for this postgraduate scholarship. Six scholarships are offered which include tuition fees and the cost of required text books, grant to contribute to the costs of internet access. Students will be invited to attend a study skills day in their home country during their first year. Application deadline is 20 January 2014.. The University of Manchester is the UK’s largest and most popular university and has a worldwide reputation for research, teaching and innovation. The Masters of Public Health (MPH) is only available through distance learning, so students can continue to work as doctors, nurses, health researchers, health promotion specialists and health service managers in their home country. Students may be working for their respective Ministry of Health, research institutes or NGOs. We assume that most students will work part time on the course and complete it within 3 – 5 years, though some students may be able to take a career break and study full time.. This scholarship is for pursuing postgraduate at University of Manchester in UK. The research areas of this scholarship are:
Not providedWho can apply to this scholarship?
· The scholarships are intended to support Ugandan and Tanzanian citizens, who would not otherwise be able to study for a UK qualification. Applicants should: – Be a resident citizen of Uganda or Tanzania and have not previously studied abroad or undertaken a UK distance learning course.
· Have at least 2 years work experience in their own country within the health care sector.
· Have a clear idea how studying the MPH would benefit their country.
· Hold the equivalent of a UK first or 2.1 undergraduate degree classification.
· Satisfy the MPH English language requirements
· Have regular access to a PC and the internet.Benefits of the scholarship:
Scholarships will cover tuition fees and required text books. We also provide a grant to contribute to the costs of internet access. Students will be invited to attend a study skills day in their home country during their first year.
More information about the fellowship:Duration:
Not KnownNumber of scholarships:
The University of Manchester is pleased to invite applications for up to 6 scholarships for postgraduate study.