The research areas of this scholarship are: Not provided
Who can apply to this scholarship? For outstanding applicants from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance and they will be considered as candidates for the award of the scholarship.
· Applicants for the Master of Science in Sustainability, Development and Peace are required to have met the following requirements by the application deadline in order to be considered:
· Strong interest in sustainability studies;
· Demonstrated commitment to study and understand global issues;
· A completed bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a recognized university or institution of higher education in the following thematic areas: Global Change and Sustainability and Environmental governance with the specialization in Biodiversity. Those who expect to graduate and have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent conferred before September 2014 may also apply.
· A GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale on the bachelor’s degree earned; and
· English language proficiency
· The minimum score requirements for English language qualifications required by UNU
· ISP are:
· 600 in TOEFL – Paper
· Based Testing (PBT)
· 100 in TOEFL – Internet
· Based Testing (IBT)
· 7.0 in IELTS – Academic format
Benefits of the scholarship: The JFUNU scholarship covers the full tuition fees and provides a monthly allowance of 150,000 JPY* for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months. Travel costs to and from Japan, visa handling fees and health/accident insurance costs must be covered by the student. 150,000 JPY is the average monthly living cost for an international student without dependents in Tokyo, although this amount may vary depending on the lifestyle of the student.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Scholarship will be offered for maximum of 24 months.
Number of scholarships: Not Known