The research areas of this scholarship are: Not provided
Who can apply to this scholarship? Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
· be permanent residents in a developing country (other than Pakistan);
· must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
· hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
· apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
· be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there;
· provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
· provide an official Acceptance Letter from NCP (see sample Acceptance Letter in the application form). Requests for acceptance must be sent to Dr. Riffat Mahmood Qureshi (by e
· mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, caad
· ncp.edu.pk) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Dr. Qureshi applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline;
· provide evidence of proficiency in English.
Benefits of the scholarship: TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowships will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments and laboratories of the National Centre for Physics (NCP) for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months in one of the following fields of physics: Plasma Physics, High Energy Physics (Experimental and Theoretical), Quantum Information, Applications of Ion Beam Techniques using Tandem Accelerator (5MV), Earthquake Studies, Atomic Physics & Spectroscopy, Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), Modeling, Simulation & Computing, Astrophysics & Cosmology, Nano Sciences (Catalysis & Surface Sciences, Nano Material Fabrication & Applications, Nano Biotechnology, Nano Medicines), Vacuum Science & Technology (Vacuum Standards, Vacuum Coating & Material).
Number of scholarships: Not Known