The research areas of this scholarship are: Fellowship Programme is provided in the field of physical sciences (Plasma Physics, High Energy Physics (Experimental and Theoretical), Quantum Information, Applications of Ion Beam Techniques using Tandem Accelerator (5MV), Earthquake Studies, Atomic Physics & Spectroscopy, Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), Modeling, Simulation & amp; Computing, Astrophysics & Cosmology, Nano Sciences (Catalysis & Surface Sciences, Nano Material Fabrication & Applications, Nano Biotechnology, Nano Medicines), Vacuum Science & Technology) in departments and laboratories of the National Centre for Physics (NCP).
Who can apply to this scholarship? Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
· Be permanent residents in a developing country (other than Pakistan);
· Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
· Hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
· Apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
· Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there;
· Provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
· Provide an official Acceptance Letter from NCP (see sample Acceptance Letter in the application form). Requests for acceptance must be sent to Dr. Riffat Mahmood Qureshi (by e
· mail: riffat
· ncp.edu.pk) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Dr. Qureshi applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with a copy of their CV and a research proposal outline;
· Provide evidence of proficiency in English.
Benefits of the scholarship: -NCP will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.- -The language of instruction is English.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Not provided
Number of scholarships: Not provided