The research areas of this scholarship are: Not provided
Who can apply to this scholarship? Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
· Be at most 35 years old on 31 December 2014.
· Hold a university degree in the Natural Sciences (minimum Master’s degree).
· Have good command of Portuguese and/or Spanish and/or English.
· Be a national of a developing country other than Brazil.
· Must not hold a visa for permanent or temporary residency in Brazil or in a developed country.
· Be officially enrolled as a PhD student in the home country for at least 1 (one) year by the date of the application.
· Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship.
· Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
· Provide an official acceptance letter from the host institution and be willing to register for a PhD degree in the natural sciences at a participating CAPES
· listed Brazilian institution.
· Prove knowledge of Portuguese or provide a certificate of proficiency in Spanish or English (if these languages are not the candidate’s mother tongue).
· Have an updated Curriculum Vitae on CNPq’s Lattes Platform .
· Present a detailed research plan agreed by her/his host supervisor.
· Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Benefits of the scholarship: CNPq will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Not provided
Number of scholarships: Up to 50 (30 sandwich and 20 full time) postgraduate fellowships are offered.