The research areas of this scholarship are: Not provided
Who can apply to this scholarship?
· To be eligible for the Transatlantic Post
· Doc Fellowship, candidates must have successfully defended their PhD by the start of the program (01 October 2014).
· Candidates must have a strong interest in working in a policy
· oriented international environment and must demonstrate their ability to do so by previous international academic experience.
· Applicants must either be citizens of the U.S., Canada or Europe (in a broader geographical definition) OR must have resided in the U.S., Canada or Europe at least for two
· half years in the five years before the application deadline.
· TAPIR fellows selected commit to carrying out all research activities in compliance with the fundamental ethical principles of the European Commission (Decision No 1982/2006/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2006, Art. 6 (§ 1)).
Benefits of the scholarship: The fellowship consists of: -a monthly stipend of Euro 1.800,00 -a monthly allowance for health insurance of Euro 200,00 -and a one-time travel allowance of Euro 3.500,00 for travel to and from the host institutions. Fees for residence permits are not included.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Fellowships will be granted for duration of 24 months. Fellows spend three eight-month stays at research institutions or think tanks participating in the program – at least one on the Eastern and one on the Western side of the Atlantic.
Number of scholarships: Up to five fellowships will be awarded in 2014.