The research areas of this scholarship are: Not provided
Who can apply to this scholarship? Applicants must:
· Be women with a minimum of two years full
· time professional experience in the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering and math) and/or a career requiring significant expertise/knowledge/application of technology,
· Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four year university degree or equivalent,
· Be proficient in written and spoken English,
· Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity,
· Be citizens or permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tunisia, Yemen, or Zimbabwe at the time of application, and while participating in the program,
· Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States, or participated in a visa lottery in the past five years,
· Be able to obtain a U.S. visa,
· Not hold U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
Benefits of the scholarship: The following costs are covered by the TechWomen program: -Roundtrip international airfare from participant home country to the United States -Domestic airfare from San Francisco to Washington, D.C. -Housing in San Francisco or Mountain View, California during the mentorship -Meals and incidentals -Hotel stay in Washington, D.C. -Ground transportation to the participant’s host company -Local transportation to group program events in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, D.C. -Meal Stipend: The TechWomen program provides a stipend for each participant to cover meals during the program. -Housing: TechWomen participants will be housed in two-bedroom apartments in San Francisco or Mountain View, California, depending on the location of the participant’s host company. Participants will share an apartment with a fellow Emerging Leader. Each participant will have her own private bedroom and bathroom, while the living room and kitchen will be shared.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Awards will be offered for five-week program. The 2014 TechWomen program will occur over five weeks from early October through early November 2014.
Number of scholarships: The TechWomen initiative will identify approximately 78 women in STEM fields from 16 countries in Africa and the Middle East to participate in the 2014 program.