The research areas of this scholarship are: Scholarships are provided to obtain experience in medical-related research the University of Sydney in Australia.
Who can apply to this scholarship? The scholarships are open to students currently enrolled full
· time at University in an undergraduate degree. Students currently enrolled in Sydney Medical School Medical Program can also apply.
· Students currently in a Masters or PhD program, or who have been awarded a Masters or PhD degree are ineligible to apply.
· International students are eligible to apply if: 1/ they are currently enrolled and studying full
· time in an undergraduate degree at an Australian University and 2/they hold an appropriate and valid Australian visa to cover the scholarship period
· Successful students from universities other than University of Sydney will need to supply copies of certificates of currency for insurance and liability. These should be available from your home university.
· Applicants for scholarships have been enrolled across the University sector but the majority of successful applications generally come from the following undergraduate degrees: Bachelor of Medical Science, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Liberal Studies, and MBBS.
· Students awarded a Sydney Medical School Summer Research scholarships previously are welcome to apply for another scholarship this year, pending eligibility criteria.
· Students must be available for a full 8 weeks, taking into account the 2 week University close
· down period over Christmas/ New Year.
Benefits of the scholarship: The scholarships will provide the opportunity to undertake a research project over a period of eight weeks, supervision by well-established researchers, excellent research facilities and $300 per week stipend.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: The scholarships are available to undertake a research project over a period of eight weeks
Number of scholarships: 60 scholarships are offered.