To be considered for the program, applicants…
* Must be enrolled in a degree program in biology, physics, chemistry, bio-engineering, or computational sciences and plan on pursuing a career in the life sciences. Basic Life Sciences backgound is essential. Previous lab experience is a plus.
* Must be in good standing with a GPA equivalent to a 3.75/4.0 grade or higher and should have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate coursework by the summer of 2012. (If your university does not use a 4 point scale, then include an explanation of the your grading scale with your motivation letter.)
* Usually participants come from the top 10% of their class and have some research experience. Their essays show passion and motivation!
* Sometimes we do select 1st year master’s students, but we mostly aim at undergraduates. (Undergraduate means the first 4 years of university training usually towards a bachelor’s degree.) Students from the medically focused studies are also welcome to apply, but we like to see that their background also includes hard science, ie physics, quantiative biology, genetics courses etc.
* Please keep in mind that last year, we received almost 800 complete applications! This unfortunately makes the acceptance rate very low. We will announce the selected participants 2 to 3 weeks after the deadline.
Scholarship Deadline: February 6th 2012
More info: View info