The research areas of this scholarship are: Not provided
Who can apply to this scholarship? American applicants for the Sumitro Fellowship must be United States citizens or permanent residents in the United States with a specific project on Indonesia’s political economy.
· Applications outside the scope of economic or political economy will not be considered. Indonesian applicants for the Sumitro Fellowship must be Indonesian citizens with a specific project on any aspect of the Indonesian
· U.S. bilateral relationship.
· Applications related to solely American topics, Indonesian topics, or to non
· Asian themes will not be considered.
· Language Proficiency: Please note that though not compulsory, prior study of Bahasa Indonesia is helpful in conducting field research. American applicants should indicate on the application form if and at what level the language has been studied, both formally and informally.
· Indonesian applicants must be capable of advanced study in English. Evidence of English fluency may be demonstrated by TOEFL scores.
· Indonesians who have graduated from a U.S. institution of higher learning, or from such institution in an English
· speaking country, are exempt from this requirement.
· Applicants/scholars who intend to publish their work in some form will be improving their applications. Previous travel to and experience in, Indonesia or the United States is desirable but not necessary.
Benefits of the scholarship: The Sumitro Fellows Program is a $10,000 travel/study grant for post-doctoral scholars, PhD candidates, senior academics and otherwise professionally qualified candidates to engage in field research.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Not Known
Number of scholarships: One Fellowship is available for a United States citizen/permanent resident for research relating to the political economy of Indonesia. Another Fellowship is also available for an Indonesian citizen with a project related to the Indonesian-United States relationship.