The research areas of this scholarship are: Scholarships are provided in the field of Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Geoscience, Petroleum Geophysics, Engineering Geology, Chemical Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Exploration Geophysics, Electronic/Electrical Engineering at three universities in the UK—Imperial College London, University College, London and the University of Leeds for the academic year commencing September 2014.
Who can apply to this scholarship? To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
· display intellectual ability and leadership potential
· meet the University’s English language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS or equivalent TOEFL score valid for Sept 2014, admission)
· be between 21
· 28 years by 30/09/2014
· be indigenes of Rivers, Delta or Bayelsa States (proof of this will be required)
· currently reside in Nigeria
· return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study
· have obtained a university degree equivalent to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree) at a minimum
· not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
· have a valid Nigerian passport valid till December, 2015
· be neither current nor former employees (who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or Karamat Ltd
· not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or Karamat Ltd.
Benefits of the scholarship: -The scholarship will cover tuition fees, one return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only. -Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Scholarships will be offered for one year.
Number of scholarships: 10 scholarships will be offered.