The research areas of this scholarship are: Scholarship is awarded in engineering, engineering technology and computer science.
Who can apply to this scholarship? The Society of Women Engineers’ Scholarships are only open to women.
· The applicant is enrolled in or accepted for a baccalaureate or graduate ABET
· accredited engineering (EAC), computing (CAC), or technology (TAC) degree program. Please go to ABET for more information. Exceptions are: PhD: Engineering or computer science PhD students must be enrolled or accepted at a school with ABET
· accredited programs as noted above. International: This scholarship will be awarded to a student studying at a university in the Querétaro, Querétaro, Mexico. There are several SWE
· approved programs at four universities.
· The applicant is in a position to accept the scholarship in the school year for which it is being awarded.
· The minimum GPA is 3.0/4.0 for upper class applicants.
· The applicant is not the current recipient of a renewable SWE Scholarship (i.e. is not already designated to receive a SWE scholarship payment in the coming academic year.)
· The applicant must be a full time student, except for reentry and non
· traditional applicants.
· The applicant must be a US citizen or permanent resident of the US for some scholarships.
· The applicant is not receiving full funding for education (tuition, fees, and books or equivalent) from their school or another organization (e.g. members of the Armed Services attending US Military Academies, students receiving full reimbursement from an employer).
Benefits of the scholarship: Scholarships range from $1,000 to $20,000.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Scholarships are awarded for 2015-2016 academic year.
Number of scholarships: In 2014, SWE awarded over 230 new and renewed scholarships.