The research areas of this scholarship are: A study support grant enables you to undertake study or research to: -enhance your knowledge and skills to support your teaching practice and your students’ learning outcomes while you continue to teach -participate in higher-level professional learning -move into specialist teaching areas -further your career development. Examples of study include (but are not limited to): teachers starting postgraduate study in pedagogy or leading professional learning; a head of department (or aspiring head of department) taking tertiary papers in mentoring skills, curriculum and assessment, or education management; and teachers teaching out-of-field pursuing study in their out-of-field specialist subject areas.
Who can apply to this scholarship? To be eligible to apply for a study support grant, you must be a:
· permanently appointed full or part
· time teacher in a New Zealand state or state
· integrated school
· fully registered teacher To apply for a reimbursement of up to $500 towards your course fees you must:
· be a successful recipient of an Area Teachers’ Study Support Grant or a Secondary Teachers’ Study Support Grant
· have successfully completed the course of study for which you were awarded a Study Support Grant (and not have previously received a $500 reimbursement for study completed in the same year)
· provide a complete application form including all requested documentation.
Benefits of the scholarship: A Study Support Grant provides the teacher with a 0.16 FTTE time allowance (equivalent to four hours per week) for the year. The time allowance is provided to each school as an additional staffing entitlement to fund relief costs. Teachers can also apply for a reimbursement of up to $500 toward their course fees, paid on successful completion of the course.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: The study support grant provides a 0.16 FTTE time allowance (equivalent to four hours per week) for one year (52 weeks).
Number of scholarships: Each year there are 100 Study Support Grants available to teachers, in state or state-integrated schools, covered by the Secondary Teachers’ Collective Agreement (STCA).