The research areas of this scholarship are: Studentships are awarded in Japanese studies at Cardiff University, UK
Who can apply to this scholarship? Residency: This studentship is open to students of any nationality.
· Academic criteria: Candidates must have a good first degree (a good 2:1 or above) or are predicted to obtain one.
· For candidates interested in undertaking a PhD programme a Masters is desirable, but we will consider candidates without a Masters who can demonstrate the ability to engage in substantial independent research – e.g. by completing an undergraduate dissertation with a mark (or predicted mark) of a high 2:1 or above.
· time programmes are not eligible.
· Candidate Criteria:
· The research proposal must focus on Japan or the Japanese language for those considering the MA in Translation Studies.
· It is important that you and your referees comment on your skill in Japanese in the areas of reading, composition and speaking.
· For those applying for the PhD programme, priority will be given to applicants who have completed at least one year postgraduate study at a UK institution of higher education.
· Candidates must have submitted an application via the Online Application Service by the Studentship application deadline.
Benefits of the scholarship: The School can nominate up to three students for postgraduate studentships worth £10,000 each.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: The duration of studentship is one year.
Number of scholarships: Up to 3 nominations available for the applicants.