The research areas of this scholarship are: Not provided
Who can apply to this scholarship?
· The successful candidate is expected to strengthen the group’s activity in physics analysis and preparation of ATLAS run
· II and play an important role in one of the ATLAS combined performance
· working groups that deal with muons and electrons.
· In addition, recent experience with semiconductor detectors or distributed computing is an advantage.
· The successful candidate should have a strong background from experimental high
· energy physics.
· Good programming skills and experience in data analysis, as well as hardware or distributed
· computing experience, are essential.
· Prior knowledge of ATLAS and its analysis software is a clear advantage.
· The candidate will strongly interact with Master and PhD
· students and post
· doctoral researchers in the group, thus, collaborative abilities are also important.
· The position formally requires a PhD (the thesis must be submitted by the application deadline) or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in science.
· The main purpose of post
· doctoral research fellowship is to qualify researchers for work in top academic positions within their disciplines.
· A good command of English is required.
Benefits of the scholarship: Pay Grade: 57 – 65 (NOK 473 400 – 548 700 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority).
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Fellowship period is of 3 years. No one can be appointed for more than one specified period at the same institution.
Number of scholarships: Not provided