German Federal and State Governments are funding PhD Position for motivated candidates with interest in novel areas of nonequilibrium Statistical Mechanics, specifically the Nonlinear Rheology of dense liquids. Disabled person and women applicants are encouraged to apply for this PhD position. Applicant must hold a Masters/Diploma degree in physics or a related science and an excellent knowledge in statistical physics. Duration of one PhD position is 36 months. Application must be submitted via email/post via by 15 October 2013.. We are looking for motivated candidates with interest in novel areas of non equilibrium Statistical Mechanics, specifically the Nonlinear Rheology of dense liquids. We develop first-principles approaches for the dynamics of complex liquids flowing in microfluidic channels. The effect of confining walls on the internal dynamics is studied, both numerically and analytically. Molecular-dynamics computer simulations, performed in the group, will provide tests for the theoretical approaches. Open questions concern the transfer of previously developed theoretical methods from the bulk to channels, and the description of inhomogeneous strain responses under applied external forces/stresses. Besides performing theoretical development, the PhD candidate is expected to work together with experimental groups in the DFG research unit FOR 1394 “Nonlinear response to probe verification”.. This position is open for pursuing PhD research program at University of Konstanz in Germany. The research areas of this scholarship are:
Not providedWho can apply to this scholarship?
· The successful candidate will hold a Masters/Diploma degree in physics or a related science, and have first experience with numerical methods in physics and excellent knowledge in statistical physics.
· She/he should be highly motivated and is expected to participate in teaching undergraduate students to the usual extent.
· The University of Konstanz encourages disabled persons to apply.
· They will be given preference if appropriately qualified.
· The University of Konstanz is an equal opportunity employer that tries to increase the number of women in research and teaching.Benefits of the scholarship:
? (Salary Scale 13 TV-L/75 %)
More information about the fellowship:Duration:
Not providedNumber of scholarships:
One PhD scholarships is offered.