The research areas of this scholarship are: PhD Positions are provided in Theoretical Computer Science at University of Amsterdam.
Who can apply to this scholarship?
· a Master’s degree with excellent grades in computer science, mathematics or physics with outstanding results or a comparable degree;
· candidates with a strong background in cryptography or quantum information are preferred;
· demonstrated research abilities by completion of an (undergraduate) research project;
· good academic writing and presentation skills;
· good social and organisational skills.
Benefits of the scholarship: Appointment (1,0 fte) is on a temporary basis for a period of four years. For the first two years the PhD candidate will be appointed at the ILLC, University of Amsterdam, initially for a period of 18 months and then, on positive evaluation, for a further six months. During the final two years, the PhD candidate will be employed by the Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI). On the basis of a full-time appointment (38 hours per week), the gross monthly salary amounts to €2,083 during the first year, rising to €2,664 during the fourth year. The Collective Employment Agreement (CAO) of the Dutch Universities is applicable during the first two years.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: PhD Positions are offered for a period of four years.
Number of scholarships: Not Known