The research areas of this scholarship are: Support will be provided to students currently pursuing research based doctoral degrees in all areas of Science, Engineering, Technology and Mathematical Sciences (STEM) as well as the Social Science and Humanities (SSH) at public universities.
Who can apply to this scholarship? In selecting applicants for consideration for funding, the following criteria will apply:
· Fellowships are open to only bonafide South African citizens or permanent residents
· Applicants must currently be registered for a doctoral degree and be in final year of the research activities
· Students who are academically deserving but financially needy will be given priority
· Priority will be given to those that are in the process of finalizing their thesis for examination and/or preparing a submission of a manuscript to an accredited journal
· All NRF scholarships awards should be held as primary funding towards the research study.
· Fellowships must not be held simultaneously with a fellowship from any other government or NRF administered source.
· holders are allowed to hold non
· binding supplementary grants or emoluments to half the value of the NRF award or should the host university have an institutional capped value, the award can be supplemented to the university capped value for the level of study.
Benefits of the scholarship: For the 2015 academic year, the value of the bursaries will be a maximum of R10 000 per month for ten months or R100 000 per annum. Candidates will be expected to submit a budget indicating how the funds will be utilised.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Support for completion of studies will be made on a pro rata basis not exceeding twelve months.
Number of scholarships: Not Known