Mitacs Elevate offers postdoctoral fellowships that supports the professional skills development of the recent PhD graduates. Fellowships are awarded to work on a two-year research project with applicant’s partner organization and university faculty supervisor, typically spending half of the fellowship with each. Fellows who have held a Mitacs-Accelerate award as a Masters or PhD student are eligible to apply, but must not have received a Mitacs-Accelerate award since graduating from their PhD program. Postdoctoral fellows who have already held a Mitacs Elevate award are not eligible. Mitacs Elevate is open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international applicants. Applicantions should be submitted till November 4, 2013.. Mitacs Elevate is a two-year fellowship that supports the professional skills development of recent PhD graduates. With a suite of skills development workshops unique to Mitacs Elevate, fellows learn about communication, leadership & management and other critical business skills. These workshops complement fellows’ specialized expertise and ensure they are ready to lead large-scale research projects throughout their careers. During the fellowship, fellows apply these skills within a real-world industry environment as they work on a two-year research project with their partner organization and university faculty supervisor, typically spending half of the fellowship with each.. The fellowships are available for postdoctoral research program. The research areas of this scholarship are:
Not providedWho can apply to this scholarship?
Postdoctoral fellows & supervising professors based at eligible universities are welcome to apply for a Mitacs Elevate fellowship if they meet the criteria below.
· Postdoctoral fellows may apply for Mitacs Elevate fellowship if their date of graduation from a PhD program is no more than 5 years prior to the proposed start date of the research project. Fellows who have had a break in their career due to military service, illness, or family leave may be considered as exceptions and must be approved in advance of proposal submission. If you have any questions, please contact Mitacs at elevate(at)mitacs.ca.
· Fellows who have held a Mitacs
· Accelerate award as a Masters or PhD student are eligible to apply, but must not have received a Mitacs
· Accelerate award since graduating from their PhD program. Postdoctoral fellows who have already held a Mitacs Elevate award are not eligible.
· Mitacs Elevate is open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and international applicants. The fellow must be based at a university located in the same province as the partner organization for the duration of the fellowship. Applicants in all disciplines are encouraged to apply.Benefits of the scholarship:
More information about the fellowship:Duration:
Fellowship will be offered for two years.Number of scholarships: