To be considered for the Commonwealth Scholarship at Glasgow Caledonian University, you must meet the following criteria:
– Applicants should be from the countries of East, Central or the Horn of Africa and be resident in Kenya or Uganda as a refugee, OR be a Ugandan national who demonstrates a clear long-term link with Acholiland – either born in Acholiland and/or have lived or worked there for at least 5 years.
– Have a very good first degree, with a grade equivalent to a British upper second or first class
– Have at least 2 years of relevant work experience since completing undergraduate studies
– Demonstrate leadership potential and excellent personal qualities
– Be committed to returning to Africa to put into practice the skills and knowledge learned for the benefit of the community, society and regions as a whole.
– Priority will be given to those under the age 40, although reasons may need to be submitted to make exceptions for older applicants. – Have sufficient proficiency in the English language (both oral and written) to effectively pursue the proposed course of study
Scholarship Deadline: 31st March 2012.
More info: View info