The research areas of this scholarship are: Not provided
Who can apply to this scholarship? Candidates should be apply to start a new graduate course at Oxford. They should also be intending to return to their countries or regions of origin once the course is completed.
· Please ensure that you meet the selection criteria for your course. This scholarship is not open to students with deferred entry.
· Eligible candidates must hold an undergraduate degree and be an ordinary resident of a country in Africa, Asia or South America.
· The Louis Dreyfus – Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme targets future leaders pursuing diverse careers with a focus on improving food security and sustainability. Successful applicants must demonstrate an interest in serving the global community through their chosen field of work, including but not limited to, agriculture, health care, environmental and water management, economic, public and foreign policy.
· Scholars under the Louis Dreyfus – Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme will pursue study or research in one of the courses.
· Applicants should be able to demonstrate a connection between their subject of study and their longer
· term career objectives, explaining how they see their professional work contributing to the improvement of public life in their countries of origin or at a wider regional or international level. This scholarship seeks to support individuals who, following completion of their supported studies, will go on to actively engage in their chosen fields.
· This scholarship may not be held in conjunction with any other awards. Students currently at Oxford are not eligible to apply unless they are already Weidenfeld Scholars.
Benefits of the scholarship: Total offer is of 100% of university and college fees and a grant for living costs (rate to be confirmed). Awards are made for the full duration of a student’s fee liability for the agreed course. If your scholarship is offered for a course lasting more than one year, the continuation of the scholarship each year is subject to an annual renewal process based upon satisfactory academic progress.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Scholarships will be offered for Period of fee liability (usually the same length as the course).
Number of scholarships: Up to 20 Scholarships will be offered.