Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism is offering fellowship for qualified journalists in business, economics and finance in a year-long, full-time program in the USA. Ten journalism fellowships are awarded each year. Fellows receive free tuition plus a stipend to offset living expenses in New York City. For the 2014 academic year, a stipend of $55,000 will be granted to each fellow. Housing is available in a Columbia-affiliated facility. Applicants must have at least four years of experience. Application form must be submitted via post by March 1, 2014.. The Knight-Bagehot International Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism offers qualified journalists the opportunity to enhance their understanding and knowledge of business, economics and finance in a year-long, full-time program administered by the journalism school. Fellows take courses at Columbia’s graduate schools of journalism, business, law and international affairs; participate in off-the-record seminars and dinner meetings with corporate executives, economists and academics; and attend briefings and field trips to New York-based media companies and financial institutions.. This is one year fellowship program available for journalists at Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism. The research areas of this scholarship are:
Not providedWho can apply to this scholarship?
The fellowship is open to full
· time editorial employees of newspapers, magazines, wire services, and broadcast news organizations as well as to freelance journalists.
· Applicants must have at least four years’ experience.
· There are no academic prerequisites.
· Though some attempt is made to achieve a diversity of backgrounds, the affiliation of applicants is not a factor in the selection process.
· Journalists from nationally known organizations are not given preference over those from smaller regional media.Benefits of the scholarship:
Fellows receive free tuition plus a stipend to offset living expenses in New York City. For the 2014 academic year, a stipend of $55,000 will be granted to each fellow. Housing is available in a Columbia-affiliated facility.
More information about the fellowship:Duration:
This is a year long fellowship program.Number of scholarships:
The fellowship accepts up to 10 fellows each year.