The research areas of this scholarship are: The scholarship is provided to learn any of the courses offered by the University of Alberta in Canada.
Who can apply to this scholarship? Candidates must: •be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada •have a minimum GPA of 3.2 •be entering second, third, or fourth year of post secondary studies at an Alberta institution in September 2013 •have completed at least 80% of a full
· normal course load (i.e. at least 24 units of course weight) in the previous year of post secondary studies (September 2012 to April 2013) at the UofA. Note: if you did not attend the UofA in the 2012
· 13 year, the UofA cannot forward your application onto AB Scholarships for this scholarship. You will need to contact your former institution for application information. •be enrolled full
· time in at least one term in the 2013
· 2014 academic year •be an Alberta Resident as defined by Alberta Scholarships. An Alberta Resident, according to the Alberta Scholarship Act, is [+][–] •a person who has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for a period of 12 months immediately prior to attending a post
· secondary institution, or •a person whose parents or guardians have maintained permanent residence in Canada for 12 consecutive months and reside in Alberta, or •a person who marries an Alberta resident Students who participated in an official University of Alberta exchange will need to contact the Student Awards Office to determine eligibility.
Benefits of the scholarship: These scholarships are valued at $1,000 each.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Scholarship is available for second, third or fourth year of post secondary studies.
Number of scholarships: Not provided