The research areas of this scholarship are: Scholarships are awarded for accommodation during the applicant’s study period in London.
Who can apply to this scholarship?
· Students should be from a developing or emerging country and intending to return on completion of their studies. A list of developing countries can be found in the document on the right hand side.
· Preference will be given to postgraduate students.
· Preference will be given to students that are studying a course that will provide skills to assist in the development of their home country.
· Students must have a good proven academic record, with every prospect of success in their study and future careers.
· Students must study at a publicly funded tertiary level educational institution in London.
· Students must study in one of our member instituitions. Please contact your university to check that they will be taking up membership for the academic year for which you are applying.
· Preference will be given to students who would otherwise be unable to study/finish their study for financial reasons.
· Except in exceptional circumstances awards will be for one year only.
· Students must have a tuition scholarship in place from their place of study, their Government or a recognised organisation.
Benefits of the scholarship: They provide a range of Residential Scholarships which provide free accommodation at ISH for up to a year and in exceptional circumstances up to three years. Other than in exceptional circumstances, the maximum award will be a grant or a loan of up to £1,000.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Scholarship provides free accommodation at ISH for up to a year and in exceptional circumstances up to three years.
Number of scholarships: Not Known (Last year they provided over 50 scholarships to students who otherwise would have no means of studying in London)