The research areas of this scholarship are: Scholarships are provided to study any one of the courses offered by Swansea University at undergraduate level.
Who can apply to this scholarship? Are a national of (or permanently domiciled in) China, Pakistan, Nigeria, India, Malaysia, Singapore and other countries
· Are classed as an overseas student for fee purpose
· Are enrolling on a course at Swansea University for the first time in September 2014. (Students applying for second year entry and foundation level students are not eligible to apply)
· Applicants must be from non
· EU countries only.
· Scholarships will be used to offset tuition fees.
· Applicants are not eligible to hold other Swansea University awards such as bursaries, or home country sponsorship.
· Applicants must be enrolling on an eligible course at Swansea University for the first time in September 2014.
· Awards are available for the first year of any Undergraduate degree programme, scholarship holders progressing to Year 2, will be eligible for a £2000 award dependent on academic results of Year 1 of 65% and above.
· Awards are available for the first year only of any Postgraduate degree programme.
· Applicants must have completed an application for a place to study at Swansea University which must have been received by the Admissions Office by the 1st July deadline.
· Successful candidates will be informed the week commencing the 3rd June 2013 a reduced tuition fee will be levied at enrolment. Candidates must confirm acceptance of their scholarship, accept an offer of a place on a course and pay their £2000 deposit.
· The International Scholarship Committee may use whatever means of assessment it thinks most appropriate in order to determine which candidates are worthy of recommendation for the award of a scholarship.
· Scholarship holders, having accepted an award, are reasonably expected to co
· operate in Swansea University recruitment activities and automatically agree to their names and details being released by the University’s International Development Office for marketing purposes.
· If it is deemed necessary for a Scholarship holder to suspend their studies, the scholarship will be held on university account and carried forward to the year of resumption of studies and the candidate will be expected to pay their personal contribution on a pro
· rata basis.
· If in the view of the appropriate Head of School, a Scholarship holder’s progress is deemed to be unsatisfactory, the Scholarship may be withdrawn. A Scholarship may also be withdrawn on grounds of failure to comply with any of the conditions attached to the Award. The candidate may be required to repay to the University any award which has been made, either in whole or in part, as determined by the Committee. If the scholar feels that such a withdrawal is unjustified s/he may appeal in writing to the Head of the International Development Office within 15 working days of the date of notification.
· The International Development Office reserves the right to make, amend, withdraw, suspend or cancel without notice these and such other Regulations as may be in force from time to time and such decisions shall be final.
Benefits of the scholarship: -A number of £4000 (+£2000*) scholarships offered for the students from China. -A number of £4000 (+£2000*) scholarships offered for the students from Hong Kong. -A number of £4000 (+£2000*) scholarships offered for the students from Pakistan. -A number of £4000 (+£2000*) scholarships offered for the students from Nigeria. -A number of £4000 (+£2000*) scholarships offered for the students from India. -A number of £4000 (+£2000*) scholarships offered for the students from Malaysia. -A number of £4000 (+£2000*) scholarships offered for the students from any other country not listed above.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Not Known
Number of scholarships: Number of scholarships will be offered.