Salt Lake Community College is funding scholarship for second-year student in the Nursing program at SLCC. U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen with valid evidence of permanent residency in the USA is eligible for this nursing scholarship. Applicants with culturally diverse backgrounds with financial need, and additional points may be given to applicants with bilingual skills and foreign language fluency is welcomed to apply. Application must be submitted via post by September 16, 2013.. The Intermountain Healthcare Nursing Diversity Scholarship supports the core values of trust, excellence, accountability, and mutual respect. It builds on the Intermountain Healthcare mission and vision by encouraging a diverse workforce, which will be more responsive to patients’ varied cultural beliefs and practices. Culture is the sum total of a way of living; it includes values, beliefs, standards, language, thinking patterns, behavioral norms, communications styles, etc. Cultural diversity among nurses promotes positive health outcomes. The scholarship will be awarded to second-year SLCC Nursing students enrolled in at least nine credit hours who maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Preference will be given to applicants with culturally diverse backgrounds who demonstrate financial need, and additional points may be given to applicants with bilingual skills and foreign language fluency. Each applicant will submit a brief personal statement describing his or her own cultural diversity. Intermountain and SLCC will invite the successful applicant to join in our outreach efforts to diverse communities a few times during the calendar year. You will have the opportunity to talk about your nursing school experiences and to be a role model for other students.. The scholarship will be awarded to second-year SLCC Nursing students enrolled in at least nine credit hours. The research areas of this scholarship are:
The scholarship is awarded in nursing program at Salt Lake Community College in USA. Who can apply to this scholarship?
· Must be a second
· year student in the Nursing program at SLCC
· Must enroll in a minimum of 9 credit hours
· Download and attach a copy of your current SLCC transcript
· Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
· Attach a one
· page personal statement describing your own cultural diversity
· Create and attach your own outreach plan describing 1) why you want to help other students, and 2) how you will engage the interest of culturally diverse junior high and high school students for the purpose of encouraging them to enter the nursing profession. At the end of the semester, recipients will be required to submit a detailed report on their outreach activities, including outcomes.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non
· citizen with valid evidence of permanent residency in the United States.Benefits of the scholarship:
More information about the fellowship:Duration:
Not KnownNumber of scholarships: