The research areas of this scholarship are: Scholarships are provided in the field of Biotechnology, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Engineering, Computer science, Physics, Astronomy, Mathematical Sciences, Nanotechnology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Ecology, Medical sciences and a Limited number in the SSH.
Who can apply to this scholarship? The following eligibility criteria listed below applies:
· Scholarships are open to full
· time registered students at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI).
· Any qualification obtained outside of South Africa must include a South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) accreditation certificate for the application to be considered.
· time employees of HEI’s are not eligible to apply.
· holders must not hold full
· time salaried employment during the tenure of the award.
· The Scholarship
· holder will be allowed to undertake a maximum of 12 hours of teaching, tutorials, assistance or demonstration duties per week on average during the year of study; they may be remunerated for these duties, provided that they are reimbursed at a rate not exceeding the normal institution tariff for services rendered.
Benefits of the scholarship: In 2014; the scholarships amounts are as follows: – -for master’s scholarships: 70 000 p. a -for doctoral scholarships: R 100 000 p.a In addition, master’s scholarship-holders may apply for a travel grant of up to R 15 000 which can be used to attend local conferences, workshops, visit a laboratory, or any other activity that support the beneficiaries’ current research progression. This amount is the maximum allowed during the tenure of the scholarship. Doctoral scholarship-holders may apply for a travel grant up to R 15 000 for local travel and up to R45 000 for international travel. The funds may be used to attend local conferences, workshops, visits a laboratory, or any other activity that supports the beneficiary’s current research progression. This amount is the maximum allowed during the tenure of the scholarship.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Not Known
Number of scholarships: Not Known