The research areas of this scholarship are: Fellowships are available in all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical Sciences.
Who can apply to this scholarship? The Applicant
· Applicant should be a citizen/permanent resident of the Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka.
· The applicant should be actively engaged in research at a University or research institution in their country in various areas of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences.
· Minimum Qualifications: PhD/MTech/MSc/MBBS with 3
· 5 years research or teaching experience
· Must be below 45 years of age (as on 31st December of the previous year of selection)
· The applicant should posses a valid passport
Benefits of the scholarship: Fellowship Allowance: -Rs. 50,000/- per month which includes accommodation -Contingency grant to Fellow Scientist: -Rs. 10,000/- as one time contingency grant. -Contingency research grant for host scientist (through institution): -Rs. 20,000/- as one time grant -Airfare: -Round trip air ticket by economy class from the place of employment in their own country to the Indian host institute, through shortest route. Local transport by Road / rail between the nearest airport and the host institute in India. -Visa fee: -Will be reimbursed
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: The duration of fellowships is 3 to 6 months.
Number of scholarships: Up to 50 fellowships will be awarded annually under this scheme.