The research areas of this scholarship are: The International Foundation Programme is available from September 2013 in the following subjects: Business, Engineering and Health & Life Sciences.
Who can apply to this scholarship? You must be confirmed as an Overseas Student for fee paying purposes (this information is contained in your offer letter).
· You must fully complete the application form with the supporting statements as directed.
· Applicants for IFP scholarships must have a conditional or unconditional offer and must have accepted their offer by Midnight (GMT) Friday 31st July 2013.
· After this date, applicants have until Midnight (GMT) Thursday 16th August 2013 for their offers to be changed to unconditional –applications where the status is not unconditional after this time will not be considered.
· Scholarships are to be used for academic year 2013/14 only and cannot be used for 2014/15 entries. If you are awarded a scholarship and wish to defer your entry to the University, you will lose your scholarship and will need to re
· apply again in the following year.
· These scholarships are only available to self
· funding students. Students who are in receipt of full funding from a sponsorship body (such as their home country’s Government, charity or a private organisation) are not eligible to apply.
· Students must satisfy certain financial requirements as part of their visa application for study in the UK and students should not be solely relying on receiving a scholarship to meet these.
· If a student withdraws/is requested to withdraw from study before completing the IFP Course or does not complete the IFP course at Cardiff University they are responsible for repaying all monies received from the International Scholarship award unless there are extenuating circumstances.
· IFP scholarships do not include interruption of study as part of the fund. If students are required to resit a year of study, then they will not receive further funding for additional years.
· Winners must ensure that they maintain a satisfactory academic record.
Benefits of the scholarship: IFP scholarships cover the full cost of fees for the IFP year only.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: The scholarship is offered for the IFP year only.
Number of scholarships: Cardiff University International Foundation Scholarships: Cardiff University awards a limited number of full and partial scholarships. – International Foundation Scholarship: Two full scholarships are offered.