The International Center for Development and Decent Work (ICDD) offers PhD Positions. Positions are open for citizenship of an ODA recipient country. The position is available to apply for a PhD scholarship in a particular academic field at an ICDD partner university. Scholarship will cover a country-specific monthly allowance, tuition fees, the participation in ICDD graduate school activities as well as the opportunity to apply for field research funding. The closing date for application is 15 February, 2015. PhD students of the ICDD Graduate School will be based at the partner university they chose (see above) and enrolled in its PhD training programme. Moreover, successful candidates participate in the annual PhD workshops of the ICDD Graduate School and get involved in the lively academic exchange and activities within the ICDD network. The PhD scholarship will be awarded for three years. An extension for a fourth year is possible under certain conditions. The scholarships will cover a country-specific monthly allowance, tuition fees (if applicable), the participation in ICDD Graduate School activities as well as the opportunity to apply for field research funding. Final admission to the ICDD Graduate School is conditioned on the admittance to the PhD programme of the chosen ICDD partner university and a positive progress evaluation by the ICDD in the first scholarship year.. The position is available for pursuing PhD at an ICDD partner university: Universidade Estadual de Campinas (Unicamp), Brazil University of Cape Coast (UCC), Ghana Egerton University (EGU), Kenya University of Agriculture Faisalabad (UAF), Pakistan University of Kassel, Germany University of Kassel, Germany Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), India University of the Witwatersrand (Wits), South Africa The research areas of this scholarship are:
Scholarship is awarded in the field of economics, development studies, agricultural science, labour studies and sociology. Who can apply to this scholarship?
· A completed or almost completed MA/MSc degree, with excellent results, in a discipline related to the above topics; the applicant’s last academic degree should not be more than six years ago; if an applicant already started with his/her PhD project, it should have started not more than three years ago
· A high proficiency of English (CEFR level: C1 or above), demonstrated by one of the following language certificates: TOEFL, with a minimum score of 550 PBT (paper
· based test) / 80 IBT (Internet
· based test); IELTS 6.5 or above; the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English or an equivalent (native speakers and applicants who have completed their first degree fully in English do not have to provide an English proficiency certificate)
· Academic or vocational experience in one of the disciplines related to the thematic field of development and decent work
· Citizenship of an ODA recipient country (countries eligible for Official Development Assistance of the OECD)Benefits of the scholarship:
The position will cover a country-specific monthly allowance, tuition fees (if applicable), the participation in ICDD Graduate School activities as well as the opportunity to apply for field research funding.
More information about the fellowship:Duration:
The PhD position will be awarded for three years. An extension for a fourth year is possible under certain conditions.Number of scholarships: