Google is offering memorial scholarships for Women applicants in USA. Applicants must enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2014-2015 academic year and currently studying in the United States. Applicants must be women who are studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering or closely related technical field majors. Citizens, permanent residents and international students (currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student) are eligible to apply. Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarships recipients will each receive a $10,000 award for the 2014-2015 academic years. Application should be submitted till December 2, 2013.. Anita Borg believed that technology affects all aspects of our economic, political, social and personal lives. A technology rebel with a cause, in her life she fought tirelessly to ensure that technology’s impact would be a positive one. It was this vision that inspired Anita in 1997 to found the Institute for Women and Technology. Dr. Anita Borg devoted her adult life to revolutionizing the way we think about technology and dismantling barriers that keep women and minorities from entering computing and technology fields. Her combination of technical expertise and fearless vision continues to inspire and motivate countless women to become active participants and leaders in creating technology.. The scholarships are available for undergraduate or graduate degree level. The research areas of this scholarship are:
Scholarships are provided in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or closely related technical field majors. Who can apply to this scholarship?
Applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria to be eligible:
· be a female student currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2013
· 2014 academic year
· intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full
· time undergraduate or graduate student at a university in the United States for the 2014
· 2015 academic year
· majoring in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
· maintain a strong academic record
· exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer scienceBenefits of the scholarship:
Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarships recipients will each receive a $10,000 award for the 2014-2015 academic years.
More information about the fellowship:Duration:
Not KnownNumber of scholarships: