The research areas of this scholarship are: Not provided
Who can apply to this scholarship? Working individually or with other ERF staff members and fellows, the Visiting Scholar will be engaged in research activities, dissemination of research findings and/or capacity building within the mandate of ERF. The exact work plan for the duration of stay will be agreed between ERF and the Visiting Scholar on a case
· case basis at the outset and adjusted if necessary. In all cases, however, the work plan will take into account the interest and capacity of researchers, the thematic focus of the ERF and the duration of the fellowship. More specifically, the range of activities of Visiting Scholars will encompass all or some of the following:
· Conducting research by taking the lead on (or as a team member on) research projects within ERF’s thematic focus. In either case, all research proposals will go through the normal review process followed by ERF with respect to other proposals. Research outputs will be published by ERF in various forms as deemed appropriate. The Visiting Scholar may also pursue his or her ongoing research agenda if that research is compatible with ERF’s research focus and mission.
· Serving the ERF network as an in
· house resource person. In that capacity, he/she may act as a reviewer of papers and proposals, a provider of mentorship to junior researchers and/or make contributions to the development and delivery of training courses.
· Providing strategic direction and technical advice to the ERF in
· house research team on the implementation of the research work plans and activities. This will also mean taking a leading role in developing the research agendas of all ERF themes.
· Supporting ERF effort at dissemination of research. Under this heading, the Visiting Scholar will contribute to the ERF FORUM newsletter, the ERF Policy Perspective Series or other publications as required. He/she may also engage in the preparation of events and/or giving seminars. Visiting Scholar may also be asked to provide timely advice in answer to requests from policymakers on topics that fall under their expertise.
Benefits of the scholarship: -Round-trip travel from home country to host organization in Egypt. -Financial support (stipend) while in Egypt. -Accommodation in suitable and near to the office apartment in Egypt for non Egyptians. -Transportation allowance to and from the office and -Working area in the office, and Computer, printer, domestic telephone, Internet access and parking privileges.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Fellowships will be awarded for minimum 6 months and up to 1 year.
Number of scholarships: Not Known