The research areas of this scholarship are: Scholarship is awarded for studying Master’s program in Journalism, Media and Globalisation.
Who can apply to this scholarship?
· Category A scholarships can be awarded to students from countries other than the 28 EU member states (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Portugal, the UK, Sweden, Cyprus, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain) and the EEA
· EFTA states (Norway, Lichtenstein, Iceland). Furthermore, you must comply with the 12 months rule: you are not a resident nor have carried out your main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in the above mentioned countries.
· The five
· year reference period for this rule is calculated backwards as from the application submission deadline.
· Additional Category A scholarships are expected to be available within the Windows Scheme for a limited number of students from: Western Balkans and Turkey (Albania, Bosnia
· Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Kosovo) ENPI South (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, Occupied Palestinian Territory) ENPI East (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine) Erasmus Mundus Category B scholarships for European (EU/EEA) students and others.
· Category B scholarships can be awarded to any student who does not fulfill the criteria for a category A scholarship. The Category B scholarships are connected to the ‘Study Abroad’ programme at our non
· European partners (Please find further details in the application form).
· Students fulfilling the eligibility criteria for both Category A and B (e.g. students with a double nationality) must select the Category of their choice. As a result, they are entitled to apply only to one of the two categories of scholarship at a time;
· Students must have obtained a first higher education degree before the course start of the Mundus Journalism; Individuals who have already benefited from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship for a Master’s programme are not eligible for a second scholarship for another Erasmus Mundus Master’s programme.
· Students benefiting from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship cannot benefit from another Community grant while pursuing their Erasmus Mundus Master’s studies.
Benefits of the scholarship: Category A scholarships are expected to be worth €48,000 for the 2014-2016 programme. Category B scholarships are expected to be worth €23,000 for the 2014-2016 programme.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Scholarships will be awarded for the duration of two years.
Number of scholarships: The Mundus Journalism Consortium is able to offer a limited number of ‘Erasmus Mundus’ student scholarships for students entering the programme from 2012 – 2016.