The research areas of this scholarship are: Not provided
Who can apply to this scholarship? Scholars are selected in accordance with the Council’s Postgraduate Scholarship application and assessment process.
· Scholars must fulfil the following criteria:
· at the time of application have been a new entrant to the degree for which they are to receive Council funding. And in the case of
· Research Masters Scholarships, not currently holding or having previously held a Council Postgraduate Scholarship;
· Doctoral Degree Scholarships, not currently holding or having previously held any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those which would enable them to obtain a Research Masters Degree;
· Scholars must be formally accepted by the HEI in line with its admissions policy and must be registered as a postgraduate student at the HEI for the award to commence.
· Scholars must be full
· time students and during the Funding Term must exclusively spend all of his/her working time on the Research Project at Masters or PhD education level and Training & Career Development activities, as per the training & Career Development plan in Clause 6.3.
· The Scholar must spend between 30% and 50% of his/her time based in the HEI.
· Time spent in the HEI should include (but is not limited to):
· Structured coursework; and
· Research project requirements (where for example access to specialized equipment is not available in the Employment Partner).
· Scholars from any country may hold a Council Postgraduate Scholarship. However, Scholars must:
· Maintain her/his principal residence in Ireland during the period of the Scholarship;
· Satisfy the State’s regulations on immigration and have the support of their HEI and Employment Partner with respect to these regulations and requirements if not a national of a member state of the European Union (EU).
· For all Scholarships, arrangements with respect to immigration will be a matter for settlement between the Scholar, his/her HEI, the Employment Partner, and the relevant immigration authorities of the State.
· Acceptance of the award is subject to these Terms and Conditions and the Guide for Applicants which, in conjunction with the Letter of Offer and completed and signed Acceptance Form, constitute the basis on which the award is held and/or renewed.
· Scholarships are held subject to these Terms and Conditions. If any of these are breached by a Scholar, Council will suspend or terminate the Scholarship and/or may require reimbursement of such payments as have already been made to the Scholar.
Benefits of the scholarship: The maximum amount of the Scholarship Fund provided by the Council will be €24,000 in any approved year for the duration of the Scholarship. -The HEI will retain one-third of the Scholarship Fund (e.g. where the Council awards a maximum fund of €24,000, the HEI would retain €8,000 of the funding provided by the Council) which will be allocated to cover: -. Contribution to fees (including non-EU) to the HEI, up to a maximum of €5,750 (any differential must be paid by the Scholar and/or HEI and/or Employment Partner) per annum; – Eligible direct research support expenses to enable the Scholar to carry out the research project, including essential research supplies such as small consumables; books and journals; pay as you go access to national research infrastructure; software and hardware critical for the research1 – to be obtained in the first year of the award; archival research 1 Apart from this exception, Scholarship funds must not be used to purchase capital items. Costs; conference travel and participation; generic and/or specialist disciplinary skills training; publishing and write-up costs. The exact amount of eligible direct research expenses is subject to sufficient justification being made in the grant proposal up to a maximum of €2,250 per annum. Only vouched expenses incurred in actually carrying out the Research Project will be funded. – The maximum amount of the Scholarship Fund that can be spent in any year of the Scholarship is €24,000, plus any unspent balance of eligible direct research support expenses carried over from the previous year of the Scholarship. Apart from this exception, funds may not be carried forward from one year to the next. – No funds provided by the Council as part of the Scholarship Fund may be used by the HEI to cover overhead or administrative costs. – Funding will be provided only for the Research Project as presented in the application form and if any departures from this become apparent during the development of the Research Project the consent of the Council must be sought. – Expenses that occur outside the Funding Term are not eligible under the Scholarship. – While Scholarship funding is awarded to the individual Scholar, the award will be administered through the appropriate office within the HEI.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Not provided
Number of scholarships: Not provided