The research areas of this scholarship are: The fellowship is awarded in the area of new technologies, including ICTs in the context of new technologies for Development.
Who can apply to this scholarship? 1. It is open only to nationals of United Nations Economic Commission for Africa member states 2. Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of USD 3,000. Fellows will be provided with a return air ticket between his/her country of residence and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. 3. The fellowship may be extended subject to the availability of funds and based on satisfactory performance 4. Fellows cannot be employed on ECA or United Nations regular positions within six months of completion of a fellowship period. 5. Fellows will have the opportunity to interact with Commission staff and gain exposure to the Commission’s cutting edge research on a variety of leading issues in African development; 6. Fellows will work on a predefined project, designed to contribute to specific aspects of the work programme of the receiving section, the New Technologies and Innovation Section (NTIS). Terms of Reference for each fellowship assignment will be designed to guide the recruitment process.
· Advanced university degree (Masters Degree or equivalent) in economics, sociology, management of technology, technology and innovation policy, natural sciences, engineering, statistics, economic anthropology, sociology or a related field, is required. A Ph.D. would be an advantage. Work Experience
· Experience in research/analytical work in technology and innovation for development
· related areas in the context of Africa, either in the academia or in private, public or civil society organizations, is required.
· Experience in undertaking impact assessment, cost benefit analysis, or cost effectiveness analysis of policies, strategies and plans, is an advantage.
· Experience in working with African institutions at national, sub
· regional or regional level is an advantage. Language
· Fluency in one of the working languages of the UN Secretariat, English or French, (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of the other is desirable.
· Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Benefits of the scholarship: Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of USD 3,000. Fellows will be provided with a return air ticket between his/her country of residence and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Duration of the fellowship is of six months.
Number of scholarships: Not Known