The research areas of this scholarship are: The fellowships are awarded for research projects on several topics in Natural and Life Sciences.
Who can apply to this scholarship?
· a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Natural or Life Sciences (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Geosciences, Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology, etc.).
· Candidates about to obtain their degree are welcome to apply
· high motivation and interest in joining one of the interdisciplinary research areas of the JSMC
· creativity and interest in shaping your own thesis project
· an integrative and cooperative personality with enthusiasm for actively participating in the lively JSMC Community
· very good communication skills in English (the language of instruction at the JSMC)
Benefits of the scholarship: -a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities -a doctoral researcher position (TV-L E13, 65%) funded for three years based on the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding -a comprehensive mentoring program with supervision by a team of advisers -a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills -Jena – the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Selection of applicants for the JSMC PhD Fellowships ( funding for a 3-year doctoral research project including employment and research budget) is organized in JSMC Recruitments. Once or twice per year JSMC Recruitment Calls are launched with up to 20 research projects being offered per call.
Number of scholarships: 11 PhD fellowships are offered.