The research areas of this scholarship are: The fellowship is oriented towards one of the seven focus areas below: 1. Constructions of norms 2. Constructions of elites 3. Constructions of the “beautiful” 4. Organization of coexistence 5. Organization of exchange 6. Organization of dealing with dissent 7. Organization of memory and forgetting.
Who can apply to this scholarship?
· In order to apply, candidates will need to have completed a first degree (with thesis) in the field of ancient studies with outstanding results. Applicants will need to submit a proposal for a dissertation project.
· They should demonstrate their openness towards working in an interdisciplinary context as well as an interest in basic and theoretical questions.
· The School offers the scope for individual academic development and an inspiring research environment.
· Applicants with disabilities possessing essentially equal qualifications will be given preference.
· LMU Munich is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Benefits of the scholarship: Not Known
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: The positions are limited to two years; they may be extended by a third year. The starting date will be April 1, 2014.
Number of scholarships: 10 Doctoral-Positions fellowships will be offered.