The research areas of this scholarship are: Scholarships are provided to study any of the courses offered by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
Who can apply to this scholarship?
· Be a citizen of a eligible country, and intend to return there for a minimum of 2 years after your Chevening Award has finished.
· Hold a degree that is equivalent to at least an upper
· second class (2:1) honours degree in the UK before applying.
· Have completed at least two years’ work experience before applying. This can include voluntary work and paid or unpaid internships
· Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 15 July 2015.
· Apply to three different eligible UK university courses (unless otherwise specified in your award category). For further information visit ‘what courses should I apply to?’
· Not hold British citizenship or dual British citizenship, unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong.
· Not have previously studied in the UK under a UK government
· funded scholarship.
· Not be an employee, relative of employee, or former employee (since July 2012) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, UK Trade and Investment, the Ministry of Defense and the Home Office), the British Council, a partner, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
Benefits of the scholarship: -A Chevening/LSHTM Partnership Award includes full tuition fees for your chosen course at LSHTM; country fee caps do not apply. You will also receive the same allowance and stipend package as a main Chevening Award. -As a Chevening/LSHTM Partnership Award recipient, you will stand to benefit from an expanding suite of unique networking and engagement opportunities offered by Chevening Partners. -In addition, applying for a partnership award will increase your chances of being considered for a Chevening Award at LSHTM.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Awards are offered for one year.
Number of scholarships: Up to ten partnership awards are available to candidates from Sudan, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda.