* A Masters degree in a relevant field.
* Prior admission into a PhD program is not required for application but awards are contingent on such admission being obtained at one of the participating African universities.
* Applicants for this program must be teaching or research staff at one of the participating African institutions and should be committed to contributing towards building capacity at their institutions.
* Applicants’ PhD research proposal must be related to public and population health or to sexuality studies.
* Fellowships are only open to people who have not yet registered for a PhD or are in the very early stages (first year) of the PhD program
* Applicants must commit to participation in all four annual residential Joint Advanced Seminars (JAS), and to engage in inter-seminar activities designed to keep fellows actively engaged and in continual communication with peers and mentors.
* Male applicants must be under the age of 40 years and female applicants under the age 45 years
Scholarship Deadline: April 15, 2012
More info: View info