The research areas of this scholarship are: Scholarships are provided to learn any of the courses at Kyoto University.
Who can apply to this scholarship? Supportive of the AFLSP’s purposes, interested in international understanding and goodwill, and prepared to contribute.
· Citizenship of an Asian country other than Japan, and prospective status of residence in Japan of “College Student” at the time the scholarship is awarded (those with multiple citizenship of Japan and other country/ies are not eligible).
· Under 35 years of age at the time of application.
· Completed a bachelor’s degree at a designated institution (Peking University, Tsinghua University, Fudan University, Zhejiang University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Xi’an Jiao Tong University, Nanjing University, University of Science and Technology of China), or expecting to complete such a degree by the beginning of the scholarship term.
· Expecting to enroll as a regular (degree
· seeking) student (master’s [post
· doctoral], doctoral, 5
· year doctoral, professional degree program) at a graduate school of Kyoto University in October 2014 or April 2015, and planning to complete that degree program in the standard number of years.
· Completed the screening procedures at the Kyoto University Admissions Assistance Office (AAO) by the beginning of the scholarship term.
· Recommended by a supervising university professor or by an individual of equivalent status.
· Capable of communicating in either Japanese or English.
· Able to participate in the Summer Enrichment Program (held annually over four weeks) and other exchange events held as part of the program during the scholarship term.
· Summer Enrichment Program 2015: August 2 – 29, 2015 in Hangzhou, China (tentative calendar)
· Not in receipt of scholarships from any other organization or government during the term of the scholarship.
· Not engaged in any casual employment or other work during the term of the scholarship unless granted permission.
· Never previously received an AFLSP scholarship.
· In genuine need of financial support.
· In sound physical and mental health, with high moral standards, and an outstanding academic record.
Benefits of the scholarship: Annual amount: 25,000 US dollars. -As the scholarship shall be paid in Japanese yen, the actual amount received may vary depending on the exchange rate. -The total scholarship amount shall be divided into the monthly stipends and the amount equivalent to tuition fee. The monthly stipend shall be paid into the recipient’s bank account in monthly installments. The amount equivalent to the tuition fee shall be paid in two installments together with the monthly stipend in May and November. The recipient’s enrollment status shall be checked each month prior to payment.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Scholarships are offered for Maximum of two years.
Number of scholarships: Approximately 15 scholarships are offered.