Agricultural Institute of Canada Foundation offers scholarships for graduate students in Canada. Scholarships provide financial support to students entering second or subsequent years of graduate studies. Scholarships are provided in the field of soil science and related studies (agriculture, agro-ecology, resource management, environment, geology or other related disciplines) at Canadian university. Candidates may be pursuing course work electronically on-line or by attending classes on campus. The scholarship is tenable for full-time study in the 2014-15 academic year at any recognized Canadian university. The application deadline is January 17, 2014.. Dr. Karl C. Ivarson worked as a soil scientist with Agriculture Canada in the Soil Research Institute, Soil Biochemistry Section. In 1978 he was transferred to the Chemistry and Biology Research Institute where he researched and resolved many problems of the effect of microbial activity on mineral transformations in soils. To provide financial support to students entering second or subsequent years of graduate studies in soil science (in areas of agriculture, agro-ecology, resource management, environment, geology or other related disciplines) at a recognized Canadian University. In 2014 there will be two $5,000 scholarships offered.. Scholarships are available for pursuing graduate degree level at Canadian university. The research areas of this scholarship are:
Not providedWho can apply to this scholarship?
Candidates must hold Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident status in Canada.
· Candidates must be registered full
· time in a masters or doctorate program in the area of soil science (agriculture, agro
· ecology, resource management, environment, geology or other related disciplines).
· Candidates must be enrolled in their graduate program until at least one semester beyond the application deadline (January 17, 2014).
· Previous recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for subsequent awards.
· Candidates may be pursuing course work electronically on
· line or by attending classes on campus.Benefits of the scholarship:
In 2014, two $5,000 scholarships will be offered.
More information about the fellowship:Duration:
The scholarships will be tenable for full-time study in the 2014-15 academic year at any recognized Canadian university.Number of scholarships:
Two scholarships will be offered.