The research areas of this scholarship are: Not provided
Who can apply to this scholarship?
· Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country which has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government. Stateless persons can be applicants, too. Applicants who have Japanese nationality at the time of application will not be eligible. Applicants screening will be made at the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General (hereinafter referred to as “Japanese diplomatic mission”) in the country of the applicants’ nationality.
· Age: Applicants must have been born between April 2, 1993 and April 1, 1998.
· Academic Background: Applicants generally must have completed a 12
· year school curriculum or graduated from a school equivalent to an upper secondary school in Japan. (Included is any Applicant who will satisfy the above qualifications by March 2015.)
· Japanese Language: Applicants must be willing to learn the Japanese language and receive education at a specialized training college in the Japanese language.
· Health: Applicants must be mentally and physically healthy enough to pursue study at a specialized training college in Japan. Arrival in Japan: In principle, the selected applicants must be able to leave for and arrive in Japan between the 1st and 7th of April 2015.
· Visa Requirement: Selected Applicants must acquire “College Student” visas before entering Japan. It should be issued at the Japanese diplomatic mission, located in the country of applicants’ nationality. Note: Applicants who change their resident status to any status other than “College Student” after their arrival in Japan will immediately lose their status as Japanese government scholarship student. Applicants who meet any or all of the following conditions are not eligible. If identified after acceptance of the scholarship grantees, the applicants will be required to withdraw from the scholarship: 1) If applicant is a service member or a civilian employee registered on the active military list at the time of his/her arrival in Japan; 2) Those who cannot arrive in Japan during the period designated by MEXT or the accepting university; 3) If an applicant is a previous recipient of a Japanese government scholarship. Unless more than three years have passed since the first day of the month following the final payment of the previous scholarship, as of April 1, 2015 (In case where the student starts from the fall semester, the month of entrance.); 4) If Applicant is, in principle, currently enrolled in a Japanese university with the resident status of “College Student,” or will be enrolled in a Japanese university as another source or self
· financed international student between the time of application for this scholarship in his/her country and the time the scholarship period is due to begin. This does not apply to current self
· financed international students at Japanese universities who will complete their courses of study and return to their countries before the end of the current year; 5) If an applicant is a grantee of a scholarship from any organization(including any governmental organization of his/her own country) other than the Japanese government (MEXT) (Prospective beneficiaries are included); or 6) Applicants who are expected to graduate at the time of application and, cannot satisfy the qualifications and the conditions of academic background by the deadline given. 7) Applicants of dual nationality who cannot prove their expatriation of the Japanese nationality by the time of arrival.
Benefits of the scholarship: Allowance: Each grantee will be provided monthly with 117,000 yen. An additional monthly stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 yen may be provided to those undertaking study or research in specially designated regions). However, the amount of allowance will be subject to change, depending upon the annual budget of each year. The scholarship will not be paid to a grantee who takes a leave of absence or is long absent from his/her specialized training college or the preparatory Japanese-teaching institution. Traveling Costs: -Transportation to Japan: The recipient will be supplied generally, according to his/her itinerary and route as designated by MEXT, with an economy-class airplane ticket from the international airport nearest to his/her place of residence to the New Tokyo International Airport (or any other international airport that the preparatory school usually uses.) Expenses such as inland transportation from his/her home address to the international airport, airport tax, airport usage fees, special taxes on travel, or inland transportation within Japan will not be supplied. (The address in the country of the recipient’s nationality stated in the application form is in principle regarded as the recipient’s “home address.”). -Transportation from Japan: The recipient who returns to his/her home country within the fixed period after the expiration of his/her scholarship will be supplied generally, upon application, with an economy-class airplane ticket for the travel from the New Tokyo International Airport (or any other international airport that the appointed specialized training college uses as a normal route) to the international airport nearest to his/her home address. Note 1: If a grantee returns home without an extension though having applied for extension of scholarship period, he/she will not be paid travel expenses to return home in general. Note 2: Insurance premiums for travel to/from Japan shall be borne by the grantee. Note 3: If a grantee stays in Japan and gets a job after the scholarship period has ended, he/she will not be paid travel expenses to return home as the temporary return. School Fees: Fees for entrance examinations, matriculation, and tuition at a specialized training college will be paid by the Japanese government.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Scholarship awards will be tenable for three years from April 2015 to March 2018 including one-year preparatory education in the Japanese language and other subjects due to be provided upon arrival in Japan. If a scholarship grantee graduates from a specialized training college and is admitted to a Japanese university as a junior transferee, he/she may have the term of his/her scholarship extended upon successful examination by MEXT provided that he/she has outstanding academic achievement that meets certain criteria.
Number of scholarships: Not Known