The research areas of this scholarship are: Positions are available in the field of Ultrafast Physics and Chemistry.
Who can apply to this scholarship? For admission to IMPRS
· UFAST, you must have obtained a M.Sc. degree, a German Diplom or a degree equivalent to either of these (e.g. a “Laurea” which includes a Master’s Thesis) in field of Physics, Biology or Chemistry.
· If your degree is from a non
· German university, it will have to be approved by the admissions and registration office of the University of Hamburg or the institution that will award the degree. This process is managed by us at the IMPRS
· UFAST office.
· If you are in the final stages of your M.Sc. degree but have not yet graduated you can submit an application but you must have completed the Masters degree prior to starting at IMPRS
· If you have a Masters degree which did not include a thesis component you may still may be admitted if you can provide sufficient proof of research activities (e.g. publications, papers).
· Applicants to IMPRS
· UFAST come from different educational and scientific backgrounds. Each of you thus brings a different set of academic experience and different degree of prior knowledge in the field of structural dynamics and ultrafast imaging. For this reason applications can generally be considered from candidates with a M.Sc. degree in the fields of Physics, Biology and Chemistry. They will asses your suitability from your statement of motivation and your transcript of records submitted as part of the application.
· English is the medium of instruction and discussion at IMPRS
· UFAST. It is therefore vital that you are proficient in English.
Benefits of the scholarship: Not provided
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: These PhD positions are available for a period of three years.
Number of scholarships: There are 15 fully-funded PhD positions in 2015.