The research areas of this scholarship are: Not provided
Who can apply to this scholarship? Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
· Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
· Be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
· Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
· Hold a Master’s or equivalent degree in science or engineering.
· Be regularly employed in a developing country and hold a research assignment there.
· For Sandwich Fellowships: be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the Home university (sample is included in the application form).
· For full
· time Fellowships: be willing to register at a university in India.
· Be accepted at a biotechnology institution in India (see sample Acceptance Letter included in the application form).
Benefits of the scholarship: DBT will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, the fellowship holder will receive a house rent allowance.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at key biotechnology research institutions in India for a period of up to five years.
Number of scholarships: Not known