The research areas of this scholarship are: Not provided
Who can apply to this scholarship? The eligibility rules are as follows. The primary selection criterion for the Centennial Fellowship is the excellence of the candidate’s research.
· Preference will be given to candidates who have not had extensive fellowship support in the past.
· Recipients may not hold the Centennial Fellowship concurrently with other major research award such as a Sloan fellowship, NSF Postdoctoral fellowship, or career award.
· Under normal circumstances, the fellowship cannot be deferred.
· A recipient of the fellowship shall have held his or her doctoral degree for at least three years and not more than twelve years at the inception of the award (that is, received between September 1, 2002 and September 1, 2011).
· Applications will be accepted from those currently holding a tenured, tenure track, post
· doctoral, or comparable (at the discretion of the selection committee) position at an institution in North America.
· For any program, fellowship, prize or award that has a maximum period of eligibility after receipt of the doctoral degree, the selection committee may use discretion in making exceptions to the limit on eligibility for candidates whose careers have been interrupted for reasons such as family or health.
Benefits of the scholarship: The stipend for fellowships awarded for 2014-2015 is US$85,000, with an additional expense allowance of about US$8500. Acceptance of the fellowship cannot be postponed.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Not provided
Number of scholarships: The number of fellowships to be awarded is small and depends on the amount of money contributed to the program.