The research areas of this scholarship are: The Scholarship is available for bachelor’s or master’s programs at UWest.
Who can apply to this scholarship?
· The scholarship is available to new students seeking either Bachelor’s degrees or Master’s degrees at UWest. PhD students, ESL students or students seeking certificates only are not eligible for this scholarship.
· International students must meet the minimum UWest admission requirements for English proficiency. Conditionally admitted students are not eligible for the scholarship.
· To qualify for the scholarship a student must be enrolled fulltime at UWest. Fulltime enrollment is defined as registering for, and successfully completing, a minimum of 12 credits each semester (24 credits per academic year) for undergraduates, and 9 credits each semester (18 credits per academic year) for graduate students. Students must be pre
· registered at the full
· time credit level before the scholarship funds can be made available to them.
· Minimum GPA for Undergraduate(Un) and Graduate(G) Level: Lotus Gold Scholarship ($10,000): 3.0(Un), 3.25(G); Lotus Silver Scholarship($5,000): 2.75(Un), 3.0(G); Lotus Gold Scholarship
· Fo Guang ($10,000): 2.75(Un), 3.0(G); Lotus Silver Scholarship
· Fo Guang ($5,000): 2.5(Un), 2.75(G)
Benefits of the scholarship: The Scholarship awards $5,000 or $10,000 annually to each successful applicant to apply toward his or her tuition, mandatory fees, room and board, and other expenses required for attendance at UWest. Lotus Gold Scholarship ($10,000): For international students, Lotus Gold Scholarship ($10,000): For domestic students, Lotus Silver Scholarship ($5000): For domestic students, Lotus Gold Scholarship ($10,000): For Students recommended by the Fo Guang Shan or another organized religious order, Lotus Silver Scholarship ($5000): For Students recommended by the Fo Guang Shan or another organized religious order.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: The Scholarship is initially awarded for one academic year beginning in Fall Semester. Renewal of the scholarship is possible, but not guaranteed, depending on the student’s performance and funding availability. -The maximum renewable term is three years for four-year undergraduate students, and one to two years for undergraduate transfer students and students entering UWest’s Master’s degree programs.
Number of scholarships: UWest anticipates awarding a large number of Lotus Scholarships for the 2013-2014 academic year.